There is a lot of work and time that involves running a creative business. Most entrepreneurs will tell you that they don't mind at all working 18 hour days. In fact, I LOVE to be working on my business. It is hard for me to take long breaks. It might be an addiction but right now I feel I have to build a foundation. I just feel such a sense of appreciation to be living what I for so long desired that I feel like I am flying. I feel a huge sense of responsibility for this second chance. (that story will be another day).
I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night dreaming of my fears and past experiences that rest underneath the surface of my consciousness, and thank God to be waking up to a new day. A new day to connect with the source of all creation and reflect on how grateful I am for my life, even if it's not perfect, even with the scars of my past, and even if my business is any where nearrrrr where I want it to be. I am SO thankful to even get the chance to connect with the world and share, ME. The beauty is that I know this is just the beginning.
I am going to outline just a few reasons why I love being an entrepreneur running a creative business:
- There is one thing in life you can never get back and that is TIME. The freedom to be present in my children's lives does not have a price. I have a 23 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. I am fully aware that we only have a short time on this earth and the importance of being present and following your purpose.
- I have the freedom to work from anywhere. And by that I mean, I can connect to my clients, potential clients, edit, answer emails, work on my blog in my pj's or at my favorite local spot. I can decide to take a random afternoon off in the middle of the week to sit at the beach... alone. Cause let's be real, as moms we sometimes need time to listen to our own thoughts or take a break to not think at all and just listen.
- I get to work at my favorite place in the world, the beach! Every single time my feel touch the sand I am filled immediately with gratitude.
- I get to live my dream of creating memories of people's journeys. Whether it's a family on vacation or a wedding. It is a special time is people's lives and I am chosen to share it with them. I will never take that trust for granted.
- BY FAR the most rewarding part of my business is meeting and spending time with ALL my clients. They truly are so amazing. Every single person I meet is AWESOME!! They are sweet, fun, loving, inviting, kind, funny and trust they me when I tell them, "it feels awkward but I promise it looks good" lol. They help me grow as a photographer and entrepreneur with all the sweet and honest feedback I get. ANDDD I REALLY love that I become friends with most of my clients on social media and how I still feel their kindness from afar.
Do you want to stay in the loop with all that is happening in Lynn Studios, follow me on social media.